Wednesday 22 February 2012

Only If for a night.

I entered a competiton at the end of January, to design artwork for Florence and the Machine contribution to the "Secret 7"" project in aid of the teenage cancer trust. A great cause to support.
I did fail miserably at gaining a spot on the 45 chosen, though did come in the top 100 in public votes (over 1500 entered) but it was a good cause to draw for, and i enjoyed it non the less!

"If at first you don't suceed, try, try again!!!"

So rather than put away in a box for eternity, i thought i would chuck it up on my lovely blog i've been neglecting. The intial drawings are all done in a bog standard biro and scanned on in a pdf format for a slightly grainy effect.....Enjoy..........

And I had a dream
About my old school
And she was there all pink and gold and glittering
I threw my arms around her legs
Came to weeping, Came to weeping

Then I heard your voice as clear as day,
And you told me I should concentrate,
It was all so strange,
And so surreal,
That a ghost should be so practical.

Only if for a night
And the only solution was to stand and fight,
And my body was bruised and
I was set alight,
But you came over me like some holy rite,
And although I was burning,
You're the only light
Only if for a night





No comments:

Post a Comment